The interior of the church, facing west.
Immediately below the organ and choir gallery at the top is the magistrate's gallery, seating the Lord Provost and councillors on civic occasions.
Above the pulpit at the east end of the church can be found the East Window which depicts the twelve apostles, with St. Paul replacing Judas.
The window was created by Sir Edward Burne-Jones and William Morris who were associated with the revival of stained glass, which had been in a decline since the splendour of the mediaeval cathedrals. The upper traceries depict the angels praising with a var
The organ and choir gallery, taken from the north gallery.
The organ was installed in 1865 by Forster and Andrew of Hull at a time when the "kist o' whistles" was still regarded with disapproval by many congregations. It was further improved and rebuilt in 1908, 1939, 1969 and 1988.
The Magistrates Gallery in front of the choir gallery is used by the Lord Provost and City Council on civic occasio